OpenOBEX on Win32
The question wether/how OpenOBEX compiles/runs on win32 pops up now and then. Here is a general overview and a short checklist.
Please note: There is a complete prebuilt win32 package available. See ObexDownloads
Does OpenOBEX compile on win32?
Yes. It has been tested with various native compilers and MinGW32 as cross-compiler. For a quick guide see the steps below.
The following compile environment for Windows (32bit) are at your options:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 9 .NET 2008 (Express Edition is sufficient)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 8 .NET 2005 (Express Edition is sufficient)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 7.1 .NET 2003
The proper Makefiles and Visual Studion project can be created with the not-yet-available CMake support. With the current autotools, only the last two are supported.
Does OpenOBEX run on win32? Is it useable?
OpenOBEX requires backends for each transport. Your options include:
- USB: libusb-win32, works
- BT: MS BT stack, should work (Windows XP SP2)
- IrDA: native winsock2, should work
- Tcp/Ip?: native winsock2 , should work (IPv6-only on Windows XP, IPv4/IPv6 with Windows Vista)
- Serial: native, custom transport code needed