The OpenOBEX Project is the foundation for many interesting applications. Here is a list which should give you some impression on OpenOBEX usability and a quick start.
- ObexFTP - transfer files to/from any OBEX enabled device (most likely mobiles)
- ObexFS - FUSE based filesystem using ObexFTP (beta)
- Libsyncml - Libsyncml, an implementation of the SyncML protocol, supports obex as one of their transports. It’s used in OpenSync synchronization framework.
- ObexTool - GUI file management tool written in Tcl/Tk using ObexFTP
- ObexFTP Front-end - Java Swing Gui for ObexFTP
- Cs-ObexFtp C# ObexFTP GUI (under development)
- ObexFtpVFS for Midnight Commander - Virtual File System utilizing OpenOBEX
- IrCp - transfer files via IrDA the OBEX way (OpenOBEX sample app.)
- gObexFTP - prototype GTK ObexFTP Client (draft)
- VfsObexftp - prototype GNOME VFS Module (draft)
- Palantir/Empire - Palm application to control the Empeg car MP3 player
- obex_p900 - enhanced irobex_palm supporting the SE P900
- Linux Mobile Phone Manager - Siemens/Benq official software for the S75
There are some projects using the same technology in a slightly different way.
- cable-obex small obex implementation for use with an Sony-Ericsson T310 or T300 over a DCU-11 USB-to-serial adapter cable.
- SieFS is a virtual filesystem for Siemens mobile phones via datacable.
- libqobex is KDEs own OBEX implementation. It nicked some of our code, is written in c++ and uses Qt.
This is an assortment of software with goals similar to the OpenOBEX and ObexFTP package.
- SCMxx - manages your phone with (GSM) AT-style command set.
- MyT68 - theme your T68 (alpha)
- t68tool - backup your T68 (alpha)
- gnokii tool suite for Nokia (GSM) mobile phones.
- Gammu like gnokii a GSM suite.
- KMobileTools - KDE program to manage phones
Some links to web resources talking about OBEX and phones.
- Linux-Wiki - LinuxHardware/MobilTelefone (de)
- Pro-Linux - Siemens-Mobiles and Linux (de) (the discussion thread)
- Access Your Mobile Phone Through USB Cable - Softpedia tutorial
- Mobile Phone Development - Siemens TC65
- Debian Packages for (Cell) Phones