|Version 6 (modified by zany, 6 years ago) (diff)|
OpenOBEX on Win32
The question wether/how OpenOBEX compiles/runs on win32 pops up now and then. Here is a general overview and a short checklist.
Please note: There is a complete prebuild win32 package available. See ObexDownloads
Does OpenOBEX compile on win32?
Yes. It has been tested with (at least) mingw32 as native- and cross-compiler. For a quick guide see the steps below.
A patch set for win32 is available but still in review. You are on your own with that.
Your options include:
- cross-compiling (with MinGW32), tested
- MinGW32, tested
- Cygwin, should work /not needed
- Visual C (and other commercial suites): Due to the build system, It would be necessary to create custom Visual Studio project files.
However, you can link VC++ program to the mingw32 libs.
Does OpenOBEX run on win32? Is it useable?
OpenOBEX requires backends for each transport. Your options include:
- USB: libusb-win32, works
- BT: MS BT stack, should work (Windows XP SP2)
- IrDA: native winsock2, should work
- Tcp/Ip?: native winsock2 , should work (IPv6-only on Windows XP, IPv4/IPv6 with Windows Vista)
- Serial: native, custom transport code needed
Quick guide to compile OpenOBEX native on win32
- Install MinGW32
- Install MSYS
- Install libusb-win32
- Install the Platform SDK
- Get OpenOBEX from SVN (release 1.3 will not work)
- Apply the win32 patch set (1)(2)
- Read the INSTALL.Win32 that comes with the win32 patch set
(1) required for practically all transports except custom transports
(2) only use the static lib if not applying this or you may get linking errors depending on the linker